At Maiden Voyage, we live and breathe the journeys encountered by a rich and diverse community of business travellers.
World events have turned the spotlight upon diversity, equity and inclusion and we’re thrilled to see this become an integral part of corporate traveller safety programmes.
Our range of courses fully respond to the necessity to support your employees whilst focusing on their individual characteristics and needs. Our interactive courses and workshops are developed using rich real-life case studies in a caring and psychologically safe space.
Courses and workshops can be delivered remotely or in person.
Peace of Mind – We’re ISO31030 Ready
The ISO 31010 guidelines in Travel Risk Management emphasize the need for traveler safety training that focuses on the personal profiles and characteristics of employees. Maiden Voyage is a GBTA Travel Risk Management Supplier capability participant, assessed against the IS0 31030 guidelines.
Our most popular courses:
Inclusive Traveller Safety Training
- This comprehensive course addresses and provides solutions for the challenges faced by different groups of business travellers such as women, men, LGBTQ+, disabled and neurodiverse employees and those from different racial and cultural backgrounds. Course Outline
Female Traveller Safety Awareness Training
- This course addresses the specific risks facing female business travellers, with a special focus on sexual harassment, sexual, assault, self-defence and female wellness & pregnancy. Course Outline
LGBTQ+ Traveller Safety Training
- With homosexuality illegal in over 70+ countries, some of which carry the death penalty, it’s important that your LGBTQ+ community is fully supported to travel safely. This course addresses the challenges, risks and practical mitigations to support your business travellers and incudes a comprehensive section for the Trans community. Course Outline
Travel Safety in the GCC Training
- This course provides an in-depth overview of the business travel landscape for those travelling to the Gulf Cooperation Council. If you are looking to open up a business entity or send employees to the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain this course will prepare your employees to travel safely whilst keeping all aspects of diversity and inclusivity in mind. This course is delivered in conjunction with Bolst Global experts in doing business in the GCC. Course Outline
Road Warrior Travel Safety Training
- Specially designed for employees who travel extensively on domestic travel, this course explores the risks and practical mitigations in the employees’ ‘home country’. Modules can be selected as needed but typically include hotel & accommodations safety, domestic travel, regional and local risks, taxi, ridesharing and hire car safety. These courses include some personal safety advice including what to do if weapons are involved as well as how to respond to major incidents such as an ‘active shooter’ Course Outline
Creating an Inclusive Travel Safety Programme
- This course is designed for those looking to develop an inclusive travel management and safety programme to support their diverse business travellers. The course uses rich case studies to highlight the different aspects and mitigations for various minority groups including: women, LGBTQ+, inexperienced, disabled, neurodiverse travellers as well as addressing aspects of race, ethnicity and culture.
- + This course comes with an optional 2-day workshop and consultancy package to help you to design and build out your inclusive travel safety programme from the ground up. Course outline
Creating Inclusive Events Training
- This course will help you to prepare, market and run truly inclusive events and to keep your team and delegates safe at all times. Choose between our corporate & business events course or our leisure & entertainment events course, depending on the nature of your events. Course Outline
Inclusive Guest Safety Excellence Training
- Developed for the hotel and accommodations sectors, this course is centered around powerful feedback and case studies of regular business traveller from diverse backgrounds. Packed with insights and advice the courses will help you to take your guest experience to the next level, ensuring it is inclusive, welcoming and safe for all. On completion, your organisation will be set to increase guest and customer satisfaction, positive reviews and ultimately your bottom line. Course Outline
- These courses can be supplemented by a dedicated mystery shop or guest survey for further guest intelligence.
Inclusive Travel Management Training
- This course assists Travel Management Companies to deliver a truly inclusive business travel experience. We explore the challenges faced by diverse business travellers including women, LGBTQ+ and disabled travellers through powerful case studies shared by experienced business travellers.
- These courses can be supplemented by our dedicated business traveller and travel manager surveys, helping you to gather further insights into your performance and potential areas of improvement. Course Outline
- Once completed these courses can form part of our Certified Inclusive TMC programme,
Personal Safety and Active Bystander Training
- This course empowers your employees with practical tips and strategies to keep themselves safe as well as lots of techniques they can put in place to become an active (and safe) bystander to aid other people.
- This course can be deployed to support specific demographics and related crimes such as anti-Asian hate crime or violence against women and girls and incudes some basic self-defence techniques. Course Outline
- It is a fact that those who have undergone some form of self-defence or martial arts training have an air of confidence about them that makes them less likely to become a victim of harassment or assault.
- This course covers not only some self-defence and easy to use breakaway techniques but also covers some of the psychology, physiology and legal aspects of keeping ourselves safe in the event of a physical assault.
- Our self-defence trainers are all qualified and insured to delivery a practical training session with an emphasis on employee health and safety. Delegates will leave feeling empowered and confident to use the techniques they have learned. Course Outline
- Let us tailor bespoke modules for your organisation. You can choose to mix and match any of the material from our existing courses and we can add-in any company specific information or resources to bring it all together for your unique audience. These courses can be company and co-branded and designed to fit to your schedule from 1-hour to 2-days, delivered virtually, in-person or hybrid.
All of our trainers have their own specialisms so whether you are looking for support with specific regions, risk ratings, fragile environments or kidnap avoidance, we will ensure that your organisation is matched with the right trainer. Our trainers are available globally and can deliver our travel safety courses in English, French, German, and Spanish.
Our travel safety training courses can be delivered in partnership with your travel and safety teams to reinforce specific company messages and processes, ensuring employee safety and compliance to your travel programme.