At Maiden Voyage, we live and breathe the journeys encountered by a rich and diverse community of business travellers.
World events have turned the spotlight upon diversity, equity and inclusion and we’re thrilled to see this become an integral part of corporate traveller safety programmes.
Our range of courses fully respond to the need to support your employees whilst focusing on their individual characteristics and needs. Our courses and workshops are developed using rich real-life case studies in a caring and psychologically safe space.
Courses and workshops can be delivered remotely or in person.
Our most popular courses:
Inclusive Traveller Safety
- A comprehensive course looking at the challenges faced by women, LGBTQ+, disabled travellers as well as those travelling within ethnically different contexts.
Female Traveller Safety Awareness
- This course addresses the specific risks facing female business travellers, with a special focus on sexual harassment, sexual, assault, self-defence and female wellness & pregnancy.
LGBTQ+ Traveller Safety
- With homosexuality illegal in over 70+ countries, some of which carry the death penalty, it’s important that your LGBTQ+ community is fully supported to travel safely. This course addresses the challenges, risks and practical mitigations to support your business travellers and incudes a comprehensive section for the Trans community.
Road Warrior Travel Safety Training
- Specially designed for employees who travel extensively on domestic travel, this course explores the risks and practical mitigations in the employees’ ‘home country’. Modules can be selected as needed but typically include hotel & accommodations safety, domestic travel, regional and local risks, taxi, ridesharing and hire car safety. These courses include some personal safety advice including what to do if weapons are involved as well as how to respond to major incidents such as an ‘active shooter’
Personal Safety and Active Bystander
- As the world opens up again many of us are nervous about venturing out again. Employers are sensitive to these concerns with many providing personal safety training. This course provides your employees with practical tips and strategies to keep themselves safe as well as lots of techniques they can put in place to become an active (and safe) bystander to aid other people.
- This course can be deployed to target specific demographics and crimes such as anti-Asian hate crime and violence against women and girls and incudes some basic self-defence techniques.
- It is a fact that those who have undergone some form of self-defence or martial arts training have an air of confidence about them that makes them less likely to become a victim of harassment or assault.
- This course covers not only some self-defence and easy to use breakaway techniques but also covers some of the psychology, physiology and legal aspects of keeping ourselves safe in the event of a physical assault.
- Our self-defence trainers are all qualified and insured to delivery a practical training session with an emphasis on employee health and safety. Delegates will leave feeling empowered and confident to use the techniques they have learned.
NEW! Creating Inclusive Events
This short course will help you to prepare, market and run truly inclusive events and to keep your delegates safe at all times. The syllabus incudes:
- Curating inclusive content
- Creating an inclusive experience
- Inclusive safety protocols
- Inclusive venue preparation
NEW! Inclusive Guest Excellence
- Developed for the hotel and accommodations sectors, this course is centered around powerful feedback and case studies of regular business traveller from diverse backgrounds. Packed with insights and advice the courses will help you to take your guest experience to the next level, ensuring it is inclusive, welcoming and safe for all. On completion, your organisation will be set to increase guest and customer satisfaction, positive reviews and ultimately your bottom line.
- These courses can be supplemented by a dedicated mystery shop or guest survey for further guest intelligence.
Inclusive Travel Management
- This course assists Travel Management Companies to deliver a truly inclusive business travel experience. We explore the challenges faced by diverse business travellers including women, LGBTQ+ and disabled travellers through powerful case studies shared by experienced business travellers.
- These courses can be supplemented by our dedicated business traveller and travel manager surveys, helping you to gather further insights into your performance and potential areas of improvement.
- Once completed these courses can form part of our Certified Inclusive TMC programme,
Incident Management Training
- This course explores the crucial topic of incident management. What is an incident, how can it become a major incident and to know the difference between an incident and a crisis. We work with you to help you to implement robust, workable, repeatable and practical incident management plans and processes and to embed this within the culture of your organisation.
Covid19 Traveller Safety
- We know at this time, your business travellers primary concern will be how to stay safe and well during the COVID-19 pandemic. That’s why we’ve introduced short workshops for both employers and employees to ensure that you are fully prepared before, during and after a business trip. These courses focus heavily on employee mental and physical wellbeing.
- Let us tailor bespoke modules for your organisation. You can choose to mix and match any of the material from our existing courses and we can add-in any company specific information or resources to bring it all together for your unique audience. These courses can be company and co-branded and designed to fit to your schedule from 1-hour to 2-days, delivered virtually, in-person or hybrid.
All of our trainers have their own specialisms so whether you are looking for support with specific regions, risk ratings, fragile environments or kidnap avoidance, we will ensure that your organisation is matched with the right trainer. Our trainers are available globally and can deliver our travel safety courses in English, French, German, and Spanish.
Our travel safety training courses can be delivered in partnership with your travel and safety teams to reinforce specific company messages and processes, ensuring employee safety and compliance to your travel programme.